“Keeping Kids Safe Online” is an up-to-date Ebook that gives parents practical advice on how to monitor their children’s online and computer use without having to become a Cyber Cop or an I.T expert.
Leonie Smith is the mother of a blended family of 4 children aged between 28yrs and 11 yrs old. Over the course of some 15years she has learned a lot about kids and computers. Leonie was an early adopter of internet communities and social media and online gaming. Leonie has done the research and knows what has worked for her and other parents, and has now put it all together in one simple step-by-step manual so that parents can keep on top of new technology as it effects your children both online and off.
The Manual includes:
- Articles on families and social media outlining the risks and methods to keep your kids safe online.
- What are Social Networks?
- Step by Step instructions on setting privacy settings in social media browsers and on computers.
- Rules to set for computer use for kids
- How to set up computers in your house for optimum supervision without having to “spy”
- How to understand your kids online language
- An example of a written agreement or contract between you and your child.
This manual is essential for all families with kids who have access to computers at home, or at school, or at any location where they might be exposed to computers and online activity. Not having a computer in your house does not mean your child will not get online at school or at a friends house. You and they still need to be aware of the dangers and the solutions.